CHRISTIAN EDUCATION UPDATE
Home Church members, out of care for our children and their families, take very seriously our vow during their baptism to care for them and nurture them as they grow in our Christian faith community.
Volunteers of all ages, in addition to our pastors and staff, take significant roles in the children’s Christian education and other programs, including Children's Choir.
Sunday Children's Programming
Church Service, Sanctuary, 10 a.m.
- The congregation gathers for worship weekly. Children are invited to the entire service or to the first portion. (See Godly Play below.) Worship bags are available in the narthex for young worship attendees.
- A nursery is available for your infant through 2-year-old beginning at 9:30 a.m. for the 10:00 a.m. worship service. It also is available for adults attending Sunday School (11:15 a.m.-12:00 noon) until 12:15 p.m. An usher can direct you to the Nursery. Download a booklet with Nursery information and suggestions.
Godly Play, 10:20-11:00 a.m.
- After the liturgy and scripture readings, children ages 4 and up are welcome to stay in the sanctuary continue their worship in Godly Play, an experiential worship model based on the Montessori Method.
Comenius Corridor, 11:00-11:15 a.m.
- Children may check out a library book, returning it to check out another.
Sunday School, 11:15-12:00 noon
- In Adventures with the Good Shepherd, participants enjoy exploring one Bible story over several weeks, using different creative styles (art, drama, games, music, and cooking) to delve into the story.
Wednesday Children's Programming
- 4:45-5:15 pm: 1st-3rd grade Choir, 4th-7th grade Moravian Minis
- 5:15-5:45 pm: 4th-7th grade Choir, 1st-3rd grade Moravian Minis
- Children participate in worship leadership by singing at designated times.
- Children experience Moravian heritage through hands-on activities in and around the church as well as in Old Salem.
Vacation Bible School, and Laurel Ridge Moravian Camp/Conference Center, Laurel Springs NC
- Pre-Junior Camp (1st, 2nd graders) – July 27-29
- Junior Camps (3rd-5th graders) – June 24-30, June 25-July 1, and Aug. 5-11
- Family Camps – April 27-28, Sept. 21-23