I am SO PROUD of our choristers! Their music last Sunday was fantastic, and again this past Wednesday evening. Thanks, parents, for helping with these events and supporting the kids.
Everyone should have already been fitted for Candle Tea Costumes. Also, Morning Star Solo assignments will be sent next Sunday so you can plan ahead. As we enter the Advent and Christmas season, it is our privilege to provide beautiful music and meaningful worship leadership. The kids have worked hard on this music and should be ready. Margaret and I will continue to send out reminders.
Remember there is no rehearsal Wednesday, Nov. 22. Happy Thanksgiving!
Anne Saxon, Director, Children's and Youth Choirs
A Look Ahead:
1. Sunday, November 26th: Morning Star Solo assignments emailed to parents.
2. Wednesday, November 29th: Candle Tea night – all singers please arrive as close to 4:45 as possible downstairs in the Auditorium for a snack supper. Then we’ll costume and rehearse with Susan. Ends at 7:30, so plan to stay longer!
3. Sunday, December 3rd:
a. “Hosanna” from the balcony for the morning service. No robes for the service, however, singers to take robes home with them to bring to the Wait Chapel Lovefeast.
b. Wait Chapel Lovefeast: Arrive between 2:55-3:05; Lovefeast begins at 4:30. We’ll have a snack before it begins.
4. Wednesday, December 6th: Celebration Singers Rehearsal Only (grades 4-7), from 5:15 – 6:00. Both Choirs will sing for the Family Christmas Party that begins at 6:15. Reserve your spot with Jane Shore by December 2nd. Meal first, followed by the stage presentations.
5. Wednesday, December 13th: Morning Star Solo rehearsal only, 5:15 – 5:45 in the sanctuary. Please plan to attend so we can get the correct microphone heights and sing into the microphone. This helps your child’s comfort level tremendously!
6. Wednesday, December 20th: No Rehearsal. Enjoy your break!
7. Sunday, December 24th: 11:00 Lovefeast. Plan to arrive at 9:15; yes, this is very early, but we need to be completely rehearsed and out of the sanctuary for when the doors open for the crowd at 10:00! We will use this time to go into the parlor for breakfast food and games, before robing and returning to the sanctuary at 10:55.
“Now therefore, write down this song for yourselves, and teach it to the children of Israel; put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for Me…” —Deuteronomy 31:19
Choir creates a “sound track” for life ... a “faith database” of scriptural truth that the Holy Spirit can bring to remembrance in times of celebration or challenge.
Choir gives children an opportunity to memorize hymns and learn about authors and composers.
Choir makes a significant contribution to a child’s understanding of God and the experience of worship.
Download a musical schedule for children K-6th grade, for Jan.-May 2018.
For more information about Children's Choir, call the church office or email Anne Saxon, Director, Children's and Youth Choirs.