We love children (kindergarten through 5th grade) at Home Church and take very seriously our vow during their baptism to care for them and nurture them as they grow in our Christian faith community.
Volunteers of all ages, in addition to our pastors and staff, take significant roles in the children’s Christian education and other programs.
Sundays at Home Moravian
Godly Play, 10:20 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
- Children begin worship with the entire congregation. They then continue worship through the Godly Play model of hands-on worship in RB 227.
Singstunde (Group Singing), 11:00 a.m.-11:15 a.m.
- At the close of worship, children travel to CE 206 for this group singing experience. They then are led from Singstunde to their respective Sunday School classes.
Sunday School, 11:15 a.m.-12:00 noon
In Adventures with the Good Shepherd, we enjoy exploring a Bible story over several weeks, using different creative styles or “intelligences” to delve into the text. Workshops include art, drama, cooking, and science.
Wednesdays at Home Moravian
Weekly Schedule (resuming in January 2016)
- 4:50-5:15 p.m.: Kindergarten through 2nd grade: Cherub Choir
- 5:15-5:45 p.m.: 3rd grade through 6th grade: Carol Choir
- 5:45-6:15 p.m.: Wednesday Night Fellowship Dinner
- 6:20-7:00 p.m.: Children’s Programming (K-5)
- 7:00-7:30: Optional Recreation Time
Wednesday Night Programming
Moravians in Motion
- January 6-February 2, April 6, 13: Come explore with us! We will move the world with mission projects and move ourselves with our activities!
Lenten and Holy Week Services
- February 10-March 26
Children’s Choir Christmas Eve
- December 24: 11:00 a.m. Christmas Eve Lovefeast Service
Children’s Choir Rehearsal
- January 6-March 16, April 6, 13
- March 20: 10:00 a.m. Worship Leadership: Hosanna
- April 20: 6:30 p.m.: Children’s Choir Celebration: Pizza and Musical
- April 27: 6:30 p.m.: Worship Leadership at Salemtowne
Other important dates
- March 19: 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Easter Egg Hunt
- CANTUS Children’s Choir Camp, June 20-24, for 3rd-6th grades