APRIL FOCUS - the ENVIRONMENT
The Stewardship Committee and Earth Stewards have identified the following ways you can pray and serve and give during the month of April.
Be the living hands of Christ. Pray for:
• Environmental awareness and appreciation
• Successful food production across the world
• Ecological justice, clean water and air for all
• Help for persons displaced by famine, flood and war
• Awareness that our bodies and psyches need good stewardship too
• Home Church, that it will find steps to lower its carbon footprint and large yearly outlay for electricity, fuel, and water.
Be the living hands of Christ. Serve "Think globally, act locally"
• Become informed about environmental issues
• Advocate for the environment by writing to elected officials
• Share your love and appreciation of the world of nature with family, friends, or neighbors
• Share your apprehension concerning the climate situation with family, friends, or neighbors
• Practice mindfulness: work to lower your, and your family’s, carbon footprint
• Volunteer at Wachovia Garden and/or Gateway Nature Preserve
• Join HMC Earth Stewards
Be the living hands of Christ. Give to:
• Gateway Nature Preserve
• Environmental Stewardship Field of Interest Fund (MMFA)
• North Carolina Environmental Education Centers
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION
Please note on your gift to any of these organizations, or to an organization of your choice that you feel fits the theme, that you are giving in honor of Home Moravian Church’s 250th anniversary. See the April Home to Home for more information.
In the Neighborhood: Gateway Nature Preserve Online giving: https://gatewaynaturepreserve.org/donate Mailing address for checks: Gateway Nature Preserve, PO Box 21264, Winston-Salem, NC 27120
Moravian Ministries Foundation Giving Portal Online giving: https://mmfa.info/environmental-stewardship-field-ofinterest-fund/. We suggest the Environmental Stewardship Field of Interest Fund.
Support North Carolina Environmental Education Centers https://www.eenorthcarolina.org/visit/environmental-education-centers In Forsyth County: • Arboretum at Tanglewood
• Kaleideum North
• Reynolda Gardens Wake Forest University
• Tanglewood Park
• Gutierrez Geology & Earth Science Museum and Education Center (Vulcan Materials Company)