JANUARY FOCUS—DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The 250th Anniversary Task Force has identified some ways you can pray, serve, and give during the month of January. During our year-long commemoration of 250 years as a congregation serving our Lord, we seek to move closer to our vision of “A Church Engaged, A Community Healed, A World Transformed.” In January, we will focus on supporting and celebrating diversity and inclusion in our community through acts of prayer, service and generosity.
Be the living hands of Christ through prayer.
• In the awareness that we are one with all God’s human creation, pray about the issues that confront us all.
…for liberation from racism, bigotry and injustice
…for each member of the human family, that all may know the dignity and worth of being a child of God
…for solutions to our common human dilemmas, and for our dedication to being part of those solutions.
• Join the Moravian Unity Prayer Watch on January 18. Sign up for a time between 8 AM and 4 PM to sustain this worldwide chain of prayer.
Be the living hands of Christ through service.
• Join Compassionate Winston-Salem volunteers from Interfaith Winston-Salem in preparing and serving a hot meal to overnight guests of the Bethesda Center on the third Friday of each month.
• Organize a small group to take on a project for Anthony’s Plot.
• Enroll in Love Out Loud “Pathways” program to align your unique talents and interests with areas of need in our community.
• Support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by purchasing artwork from The Enrichment Center.
• Work with Estamos Unidos Moravian Ministry to provide edu-cational services to first-generation Hispanics in Forsyth County.
• Attend the North Carolina Black Repertory Company’s Martin Luther King Birthday Celebration on January 15 at the Hanesbrands Theatre. Free to the general public with the donation of 3 non-perishable food items for the Second Harvest Food Bank.
Be the living hands of Christ by giving generously to:
• Interfaith Winston-Salem Online: interfaithwinstonsalem.org By Mail: PO Box 271, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
• Anthony’s Plot Online: Anthonysplot.org By Mail: 2323 Sunnyside Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC 27127
• Love Out Loud Online: Loveoutloudws.com By Mail: PO Box 20912, Winston-Salem, NC 27120 • Enrichment Center Online: enrichmentarc.org By Mail: 1006 South Marshall Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
• Estamos Unidos Online: MMFA.org (Moravian Ministries Foundation) By Mail: Moravian Ministries Foundation, 119 Brookstown Ave., Suite 305, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
• North Carolina Black Repertory Company Online: ncblackrep.org By Mail: 419 N. Spruce Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
• North Star LGBTQ Community Center Online: northstarlgbtcc.com By mail: 930 Burke Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27101