New exits on U.S. 421
U.S. 421 (formerly Business 40, now renamed Salem Parkway) reopened in early 2020 after a three-year improvement project, and Google Maps and other GPS-based services may not accurately reflect the new exits.
Directions to Home Church from U.S. 421 in downtown Winston-Salem:
Eastbound on 421: Take the Marshall Street exit (233B). Turn right on Marshall, go about 1/3 mile (watch for the four-way stop at Brookstown) to the next light at Academy. Turn left and follow Academy straight into Old Salem. The Church is straight ahead, to the left of Salem College's Main Hall. See parking suggestions below.
Westbound on 421: Take the Main Street exit (233A), turn right on Main, then immediately left on First Street. Take the next left onto Liberty. Follow Liberty, which becomes Old Salem Road, about 1/2 mile, and turn left on Academy into Old Salem. The Church is straight ahead, to the left of Salem College's Main Hall. See parking suggestions below.
Parking Map (click to expand/download)
To reach rear parking: Follow these directions – or set your GPS for 500 E. Salem Avenue, Winston-Salem then pick up with #6 below:
- Go past Home Moravian on S Church St toward Bank St (300 ft)
- Turn left onto Bank St (go 220 ft)
- Take the 1st right onto Main St (go 0.2 mi)
- Take the 1st right onto Cemetery St (go 0.3 mi)
- Turn right onto Salem Ave (go 0.2 mi)
- Turn west at the light onto Rams Drive to the Fine Arts Center lot and Lot 1 above. (0.1 mi)
NOTE: The Fine Arts Center lot is CLOSED to the public for the Easter Sunrise Service.