Wednesday Night Fellowship
Dinner (prepared by HMC Chefs):
Menu: (September 29th)
Roasted veggie w/cheese on ciabatta, chips, cookie
Meal pick-up between 5:45 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Take your meal outside to eat picnic style, or home if you prefer.
RSVP by Monday prior by submitting the reservation form, emailing the church office or calling 336-722-6171.
Fall Program Series:
6:45 p.m.-7:45 p.m.
HMC Sanctuary and livestream unless otherwise noted. Watch this week's program.
Programs subject to change.
- 29 Appreciating our Neighbors: Sunnyside Freedom School with Rev. Russ May
This six-week summer school program, held at Trinity Moravian, is sponsored by the Children’s Defense Fund and run locally by the Moravian emerging ministry, Anthony’s Plot. Freedom School students engage in a research-based, multicultural integrated reading curriculum that supports them and their families.
- 6 Appreciating our Neighbors: The Happy Hill Community and its Moravian Connections with Triad Cultural Arts, Inc. Executive Director and Founder Cheryl Harry
Explore the history of the land underlying the Happy Hill community, from the time it was a plantation of the Salem Congregation, down to the present day.
- 13 The Cherokee Trail of Tears, Part 1: What was it? Why did it happen? And how were the Moravians involved? Rev. Dr. Daniel Crews (alternate location and via zoom)
Learn more about this forced tribal evacuation that began in 1831.
- 20 The Cherokee Trail of Tears, Part 2: a First-Hand Account with Rt. Rev. Graham Rights
Daniel Butrick was a close friend to the Moravians who traveled with displaced Cherokees along the Trail of Tears. Hear this first-hand account of the Cherokees’ journey.
- 27 Diggs/Latham Fundraiser
Home Church and WS/FC elementary school Diggs/Latham have been in partnership since 2011. Join us in learning about and raising money for this important church connection.
- 3 Kevin and Charity, Moravian Mission Society Missionaries in the Middle East
Serving in an area where being a Christian could possibly mean persecution, this family very quietly shares their faith as they seek to raise up local believers.
- 10 and 17 Our New Moravian Catechism, Part 1 and Part 2, with Sam Gray
The Moravian Interprovincial Faith and Order Commission composed a new Catechism, honoring and reflecting the church’s previous document. We will first explore the structure and content of this Catechism (for each topic there are Bible verses; Biblical images and symbols; a brief summary; and hymns that relate to the topic). Then, we will consider ways in which the material can be used for personal reflection, spiritual growth, and Catechetical instruction.
- 24: No WNF/Thanksgiving week
- 1 HMC Night at Candle Tea
Experience the 2021 Candle Tea on this evening of its opening. Whether as a volunteer or guest, join us as we go “Forward into Tradition” at the 2021 Candle Tea.
- 8 HMC Family Christmas Party
Join the church family as we celebrate the birth of Christ together