February Focus – Love
The 250th Anniversary Task Force has identified the following ways you can pray, serve and give during the month of February. During our year-long commemoration of 250 years as a congregation serving our Lord, we also seek to move toward our vision of “A Church Engaged, A Community Healed, A World Transformed.”
Please feel free to take part in as many of these activities as you feel called.
Pray Be the living hands of Christ.
● The homeless that they might find shelter to protect them from the cold
● Food and nourishment for the hungry
● Compassion for the lonely and those that are grieving
● Patience and kindness towards our neighbors
● Us, that we may be instruments of Christ’s peace in the world
● Gratefulness for today, a new opportunity to love, serve, and be all that God wants us to be
Be the living hands of Christ through service:
- Volunteer at The Dwelling: The Dwelling is a place where all of God’s people collide into one body. Not only has this community been created to welcome our neighbors experiencing homelessness, but to provide a place where your gifts, skills, talents, passion, and heart can be used to love your neighbor. Contact information – thedwellingws.org / firstname.lastname@example.org / 336-971-4897
- Volunteer at Samaritan Ministries: Visit - samaritanforsyth.org for opportunities to serve. Provide a meal for a families staying at SECU Family House – Contact Lindley.Curtis@familyhousews.org
- Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity – Visit - habitatforsyth.org for opportunities to serve.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – Join this ministry and warm someone’s heart. Meets the first Wednesday of the month – 2:00 in the Parlor. Contact: Carol Southerland email@example.com
- Stay in touch with those that are lonely or home-bound with a quick note, phone call or visit. Send a Valentine card – to the children, youth, and elderly of our church – let them know they are appreciated and loved.
Be the living hands of Christ through prayerful generosity:
● Sunnyside Ministry Online: sunnysideministry.org/donate By mail: 319 Haled St, Winston-Salem, NC 27127
● Crisis Control Ministry Online: crisiscontrol.org By mail: 200 East Tenth St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
● Forsyth Jail and Prison Ministry Online: forsythjpm.org By mail: PO Box 11802, Winston-Salem, NC 27116
● Purchase candles from Men of the Church: Purchase handmade beeswax candles from the Men of the Church. All proceeds are donated within our community. (Available in the Church Office or through Gary Hauser)
● greeNest: Donate furnishings and other household items to families moving from crisis to sustainable housing. Contact Julia Toone, executive director, or Loree Armstrong, program director, for more information. 336-661-8091 Online: greenestws.org By mail: 630 Brookstown Ave, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
● Love Out Loud Online: Loveoutloudws.com By Mail: PO Box 20912, Winston-Salem, NC 27120