Facilities Assistant – Part-time
General Statement of Duties:
As directed by the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Staff provides custodial duties, general maintenance, assistance in performing repairs, and security services for all buildings and grounds of Home Moravian Church including the Bishop’s House, the parsonage, and church vehicles.
The Facilities Manager
Essential Functions of the Job:
1) Functions with authority and responsibility in the absence of, or at the designation of, the Facilities Manager.
2) Gives needed attention to daily facilities upkeep not designated to or carried out by the outsourced janitorial service, including areas rented to others (i.e., Montessori School, etc.)
3) Provides assistance to the Facilities Manager in matters physically requiring two persons to complete tasks.
4) Provides for designated grounds upkeep and maintenance (i.e., mowing, etc.)
5) Works with the Facilities Manager as needed on room set-ups and break downs for church events.
6) Works with the Facilities Manager on minor/regular building upkeep and repairs (i.e., painting, etc.)
7) Works with Home Church staff team needs and requests for maintenance support.
8) Provides daily/evening facilities presence for security and monitoring of the physical plant. Ensures defined security protocol is followed.
9) Works designated weekend shifts for facilities maintenance rotation and presence.
10) Any other tasks deemed necessary by the Facilities Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
This position requires an individual who has general building maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and custodial skills. Also has the ability work effectively with the Facilities Manager and the Home Church staff team. Needs basic computer skills to understand, manage and operate computerized mechanical systems, i.e., HVAC, along with monthly budget management and communications.
1) Lifting – usually up to 50 lbs.
2) Walking/Standing up to 80 % of the workday.
3) Climbing as needed to perform/oversee maintenance jobs.
4) Bending – as needed on the job.
Routine Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
1) Assists Facilities Manager with daily/weekly/monthly custodial duties
- Trash removal
- Clean, sanitize, and restock restrooms
- Moves and arranges chairs and tables as needed for events
- Incidental cleaning as needed
- Clean and disinfect water fountains as needed
- Performs annual/seasonal maintenance checklists to ensure buildings are properly heated/cooled during the appropriate season for services and events.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks related to building operating systems, i.e., changing filters, light bulbs, etc.
- Winds and adjusts the clock
- Rings bell
All staff members are required to abide by the most recent edition of the Policy Manual of Home
All staff members are required to act in a manner consistent with the values and overall mission of
Home Moravian Church.
Completed applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading, "Facilities Assistant." The position will remain open until filled.
Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Home Moravian Church seeks a part-time Children’s Ministry Coordinator. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator oversees all children’s ministries for children aged 3 to 10 (5th grade). This ministry position includes oversight of volunteers serving in our children’s areas with the sole purpose of leading all children to a foundational authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. Ministry areas include:
In coordination with the HMC children’s ministry team and other volunteers from the congregation, the Children’s Ministry Coordinator will:
Time commitment: 20 hours a week on average, with half of the time typically spent in planning and working with the Children’s Ministry Team and volunteers, and the other half spent in direct engagement opportunities with children.
Classification: Part-time position approximately 20 hours per week
Salary: Compensation is $25/hour.