Sunday, May 28
- 9:30 am – Nursery, CE 101
- 10:00 am – Holy Communion
- 11:15 a.m. - Sunday School
- Bible Discussion, Club Room (No Zoom this Week)
- Scripture Encore, Parlor and Zoom
- 2:00 pm - Music@Home Pop-Up Concert, Carly Orr, Soprano, Saal
Monday, May 29
- Church office closed for holiday
Tuesday, May 30
- 2:00 pm - Living Faith Group, Club Room
Wednesday, May 31
- 7:00 am - Breakfast, Arthur’s Restaurant
Thursday, June 1
- 11:30 am - Praying in Color, Parlor
- 6:30pm - Choir, RB 5
Next Sunday, June 4
- 9:30 am - Nursery, CE 101
- 10:00 am - Morning Worship
- 10:20 am - Godly Play, CE-101
- 11:15 am - Church Family Life Picnic
Upcoming opportunities for the Home Church Band
· Sunday, May 28, 9:30am: Pentecost prelude.
· Sunday, July 2, 9:30am: Martyrdom of John Hus Communion prelude.
· Sunday, August 6, 9:30am: August 13th Communion
· Sunday, August 13, 9:30am: August 13th Lovefeast
· Sunday, October 1, 9:30am: World Communion Sunday
Find the Home Church Band on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/HomeMoravianChurchBand)
If you would like to be added to the email notification list, please contact Art Sorensen(email@example.com).
“Put a Spring In Your Step” Is Back!
Women's Fellowship 2023 walk series begins soon and we hope you’ll join us.
- June 10: Reynolda Gardens
We’ll meet at 8:30 am, walk a few miles, then enjoy coffee and fellowship afterward. If you’re ready to sign up, click here. If you have questions, please email or call Laura Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Home Moravian Church Members
Please consider signing your favorite hymn
in the Moravian Book of Worship for
each graduate to be presented on
Graduation Sunday, June 4, 2023.
Each book is displayed with the Graduate name in the CE Building hallway by the coffee Maker.
Contact Becky Hodges (email@example.com)
Stop by and take some photos Sunday, May 28
CE Building hallway by coffee maker.
Use the bulletin board back drop and pick up a prop “tongue of fire” from the basket in the window!
We will participate in a community-wide conversation on May 30, and we will also be paired with one or two more institutions for conversations similar to the ones we’ve been having within Home Church.
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!
The Women's Fellowship Soup Group will be selling our delicious soup!!!
When: June 4th Church Picnic
Where: Salem Square
Time: 11:00 am - 1:00pm
Cost: $10 / Quart
- Lemon Chicken Orzo
- Potato Zucchini
- Chicken & Chorizo Gumbo
- Carrot Ginger
- Taco Soup
- Cheddar Corn Chowder
Candle Tea 2023
The Candle Tea Committee is working hard now to make the 2023 Candle Tea a great success. We need the help of every member of the Congregation to get the job done. Please plan to pitch in and help on the following dates:
- Friday & Saturday, June 2 & 3, Sconce & 10" candle making in the Candle Room
- Friday & Saturday, July 14 & 15, Sconce & 10" candle making in the Candle Room
- Saturday, October 28, 6 1/2 inch candle making in the Candle Room
- Sunday, November 5, Annual luncheon & candle trimming in the Fellowship Hall after services.
Thanks for your help. Please help spread the word by inviting our new church new members or encouraging your friends to attend these events.
Candle Tea will also be doing three dates for "New Volunteers Orientation Workshop for Candle Tea", starting on July 23rd from 2:00-4:00 pm in the Single Brothers House. New Volunteers need to stay for the entire two hours. We will be going up and down the stairs to all rooms, so people can see if they are actually able to volunteer safely. We will cover costuming, parking, volunteer software platform sign-up, reservations and front door jobs, jobs in each room, and the difference between school teas and regular teas. The new volunteers will be invited to attend the October 28th -6 1/2" candle making, and the November 5th Candle Trimming to learn and practice skills if they want to do those jobs in the CT Candle Room. We will especially need our experienced people to attend those 2 dates to help with one-on-one training with new volunteers. Other "New Volunteer Workshops" will be September 10th and October 15th in the Single Brothers. House.
Order your stars from the Unity Women's Desk
We are still taking orders for the purple and green Herrnhut Moravian Stars until June 30.
Individuals or groups can sponsor a star for a donation of $125 (we ask groups to consider a donation of $200) to honor a woman or group of women.
Order now while you can still choose the color you want! You have until July 15 to send a tribute and/or picture if you would like.
Will resume in the Fall!
Contact Becky Hodges (Interim Administrator for Christian Formation)
with any questions.
336-722-6171 ext. 109
- Graduation Sunday is June 4! Please let me know if you have a youth graduating that you would like to celebrate!
Sunnyside Ministry Food Needs
The most needed items in the Food Pantry right now are:
· Peanut Butter
· Canned Soup
· Canned Meat
Sunnyside Ministry provides food to more than 475 families each month. These are our neighbors, more than 1800 family members. So anything we can provide is helpful. Most of the food we distribute comes from donors like you.
You can bring by donations to Sunnyside Ministry on Monday -Thursday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM or Friday 8:00 AM - 12 PM or bring to the church and place in the big white box in the West Vestible.