Thank you for your interest in Candle Tea! Please read this page carefully before making your reservations.
Ticket purchases are non-refundable. See information about weather cancelation below. If you make a mistake or have other questions about your reservation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrive 15 minutes prior to your ticketed time to allow time to check in with the guide at the door of the Single Brothers House.
Have your ticket confirmation email or drivers license to verify ID of purchaser of (group) ticket.
A time-ticketed group of 26 individuals is admitted every 15 minutes. Latecomers cannot be accommodated. Admissions are strictly limited by Fire Code.There will be very limited availability for walk-up admissions, and walk-ups should be prepared to wait. Due to Fire Code limits, walk-ups are not guaranteed admission. No admissions will be added after the last admission time for that day.
Parking and restrooms: Parking is limited in the historic district. Please allow enough time to find a space and walk to the Single Brothers House. There are public restrooms behind the Boys School at Academy and Main streets, and behind the Muddy Creek Cafe off of West Street just below Main. There are NO public restrooms in the Single Brothers House.
The Single Brother's House is NOT handicapped accessible. It is a designated Historic Building and does not have an elevator. There are steps leading up to the front door and at the rear exit. There are three steep flights of stairs to go down or up while touring the Tea. Baby strollers must be left in the entrance room and retrieved at the end of your tour.
Candle Tea follows the inclement weather policy of the Winston Salem/Forsyth County School system. Should classes be cancelled or dismissed early due to bad weather, Candle Tea will also close for the rest of the day and evening, as well. If bad weather is predicted or occurs on Saturday, information on closings will be posted on the "CandleTea.org" website. If Candle Tea is closed due to weather, ticket holders will be notified about their options at that point.
Regular Candle Tea reservations*:
- These are full-length tours that include an introduction, carol singing in the saal accompanied by the 1787 pipe organ, candle-making demonstration with opportunity to purchase, the historic kitchen with coffee and sugar cake (GF cookie available), the putz (miniature historic Salem scene) and the Nativity. Total time appx. 1 hr. 30 min. Admission: $8.50. Children 3 and under, free. (Regular tea only)
- Dates and start times:
- Wednesday: Nov. 29, 1:00-8:30 p.m.
- Thurs. and Fri., Nov. 30-Dec. 1 and Dec. 7-8, 1 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Mon. and Tues., Dec. 4-5, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Sat., Dec. 2 and Dec. 9, 11:30 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Candle Tea is not responsible for accidents or incidents beyond our control.
Special Note, Saturday, Dec. 2: The Winston Salem Christmas Parade on Saturday Dec. 2 causes major traffic backups with early street closings, even on alternative routes. Please allow extra time to drive to Salem, so you will be in line 15 minutes prior to your ticketed time.
Beeswax candle and Moravian star sales in the Candle Room
Cash or check only. Items for sale:
- 10" candle, trimmed with a red crepe paper frill or untrimmed – $4.00
- Sconce for 10" candle – $3.00
- 6 1/2" Lovefeast candle – $2.00
- Simple flat star-shaped gold-colored metal Lovefeast candle holders – $1.00
- Small folded white paper Moravian star with gold thread hanger – $5.00
All quantities above are limited, and some items may sell out. If you need a large quantity of trimmed lovefeast candles for your Christmas lovefeast, please contact us early at email@example.com
We cannot take credit cards or Apple Pay in the Candle Room. Cash or check only.
*Note about Old Salem tours: Old Salem tours, including the Old Salem tour of the Single Brothers House, are handled by Old Salem Inc., and are completely separate from Candle Tea. To schedule an Old Salem tour on the same day you visit Candle Tea, contact the Tour Coordinators at Old Salem by calling 800-441-5305. Also please note: There are different unloading places for Candle Tea and for tours of Old Salem. Groups should download Planning Your Visit to Candle Tea for specific group instructions.