HMC Kids News
Called to love, nurture, and empower children to be lifelong followers of Jesus.
HMC Singing Adventures
HMC Kids have several musical adventures coming up at Home.
- Sunday Dec 3: 10:00 am worship
- Wednesday Dec 6: Annual Christmas Party at 6:00 pm
- Saturday Dec 16: Christmas Caroling at the Belo Home
- Sunday Dec 17: Lovefeast Worship Service 10:00 am
- Sunday Dec 24: Christmas Eve Lovefeast (time TBD)
Practice Dates remaining:
- November 26 – 11:15-12:00
- December 3 – 11:15-12:00
- December 10 – 11:15-12:00
We need volunteers to help play piano or guitar for practices/Christmas Caroling.
If interested contact email@example.com.
Saturday, Dec. 16: Christmas Caroling at the Belo Home.
Registration opens Dec. 1.
Contact Becky Hodges at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The HMC Children’s Ministry Department is seeking teachers! We NEED you. We would love to offer children’s Sunday School beginning in January 2024 to work towards fulfilling our mission to love, nurture and empower children to be lifelong followers of Jesus.
Three classes will be offered:
- Pre-K – Children aged three and four years old
- K-2 – Children in kindergarten through second grade
- 3-5 – Children in third through fifth grade
We seek teachers and assistants for each class. Contact Becky Hodges at email@example.com if interested in learning more about this ministry opportunity.
Introduction to HMC Kids
We believe that no one is too young to be influenced by God’s work and the love of Jesus Christ.
From our smallest infants to our growing 5th graders, we seek to lay foundational biblical truth while guiding children in building relationships with each other and with Jesus! HMC Kids partners with parents and invests in children to raise authentic followers of Christ. Through creative environments, Bible lessons, prayer, relationships, and Godly Play we help to connect faith with life right where kids are.
Jesus said, “Let the little children come unto me.” The Children’s Ministry seeks to help children learn, grow, serve, and share Jesus.
HMC Administrator for Christian Formation
HMC Nursery Coordinator
HMC Kids News
Called by Christ to love, nurture, and empower children to be lifelong followers of Jesus.
Our vision is that every member of Home Moravian Church takes seriously and acts on the promises made in the sacrament of Baptism.
Therefore, The Children’s Ministry at Home Moravian Church engages children and their families in a life-giving ministry of worship, study, service, and fellowship where all children and their families:
- are embraced with love, patience, and respect,
- are connected to the entire church family,
- grow in their knowledge of the Bible, Moravian heritage, and the Christian Church,
- are nurtured in their spiritual formation.
- We embrace all children.
- We believe we reflect the love of God.
- We believe that providing spiritual formation for our children is a vital responsibility of the church.
- We believe it is our responsibility to provide a safe and respectful environment for all children.
- We believe that children must be nurtured spiritually so they may grow in the faith and retain that faith as they grow older.
- We believe children should be given an opportunity to practice and share their faith through acts of service to others.
We've had a great summer 2023 with Water Wonders and Camp Creation. Please plan to join us for our Back to School Bash on Aug. 18
Nursery, CE 105, 9:10am
Godly Play, continued, CE 101, 10:20-11:15 a.m.
Below: Water Wonders Summer Adventure. Click/tap photo to enlarge.
Below: Children in the Photobooth from Pentacost 2023. Click/tap photo to enlarge.
Below: Godly Play. Click/tap an image to enlarge.