Please join Moravian brothers and sisters from across the United States and from around the world as they share their love of music and hard work of preparation during the weeklong Moravian Music Festival in Winston-Salem, July 23–29, 2017.
All concerts are preceded by a band prelude, and are free and open to the public.
- *The opening Lovefeast will be at Home Moravian Church, Sunday, July 23, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
- A Vocal Concert on Monday, July 24, 7:30 p.m., Trinity Moravian Church, 220 E. Sprague Street.
- *An Anthem Sing with the Moramus Chorale will be Wednesday, July 26, 7:30 p.m. at Home Church.
- On Thursday, July 27, 7:30 p.m., Calvary Moravian Church will host the Festival Band and Chamber Ensembles Concert, in the sanctuary, 600 Holly Avenue NW.
- On Friday evening, Sing, O Ye Heavens! The Festival Chorus and Orchestra is at 7:30 p.m., Williams Auditorium, Winston-Salem State University.
- *Saturday morning, July 29, 9:30 a.m., at Home Church there will be final performances of several instrumental groups, along with some hymn singing at Mit Freuden zart: Singstunde: The Festival Trombone Choir, Festival Handbell Choir, Chamber Ensembles.
*Services with an asterisk will be live-streamed on HomeMoravian.org.
For more information, please visit www.MoravianMusicFestival.org and follow the “25thMoravianMusicFestival” on Facebook.
The Moravian Music Festival is being held at Home Moravian this summer! Sponsored by the Moravian Music Foundation, the Festival includes special activities for children and youth as well as young adults. There will be age-appropriate choirs and activities; youth may be involved in the band.
The Festival is for everyone, serving musicians of all levels, from beginner to director. Moravian Music Festivals are a learning opportunity for singers and instrumentalists (Moravian and non-Moravian). It is full of practical ideas, skills, and techniques for the musician, the ensemble, and the congregation. Registration information at www.moravianmusicfestival.org.
For Children K-5 and Youth 6th-12th (Registration required)
We welcome our young Moravian musicians to a wonderful week of music and activities! Children will participate in a variety of music classes during the week. Younger singers will be led by Beth Juran; older ones by Anne Saxon. In the afternoons they’ll also experience making sugar cake, making candles, trying out different musical instruments in a “petting zoo”, and having visits from such Moravian personalities as Count Zinzendorf and others.
Youth will have the opportunity to join the festival chorus, hand bell choir, concert band, trombone choir, or festival orchestra for a week of music making and instruction.