Sunday Worship begins at 10 a.m. Streaming begins 15 minutes prior to the service. You can scroll through the order of service below the player window. Download a printout version of the full bulletin with hymns, liturgies and other Sunday opportunities.
Today, Oct. 18, is Commitment Sunday. Click here to make a pledge by confidential email.
While you're waiting or after the service, please consider filling out our online Friendship Register below.
Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost
Sunday, October 18, 2020
Welcome and announcements
Rev. Andrew Heil
Prelude - In the Sweet By and By
setting by Charles Callahan (2011)
Call to worship
Liturgy of Stewardship, pages 154-157 (to end of hymn)
Psalm 96: 1-9
O sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.
Sing to the Lord, bless God’s name;
tell of God’s salvation from day to day.
Declare God’s glory among the nations,
God’s marvelous works among all the peoples.
For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
God is to be revered above all gods.
For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
but the Lord made the heavens.
Honor and majesty are before the Lord;
strength and beauty are in God’s sanctuary.
Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
bring an offering, and come into God’s courts.
Worship the Lord in holy splendor;
tremble before God, all the earth.
Matthew 22: 15-22
Hymn 511 - The Church’s One Foundation
Scripture reading: 1 Thessalonians 1: 1-10
Rev. Ginny Hege Tobiassen
Sermon – Relation, Relation, Relation.
Hymn - O Exalt and Praise the Lord, p. 108
Reflection on Giving
The offertory provides an opportunity to reflect on the many ways that we can express our gratitude in response to God: with time, treasure, talents, and testimony.
For financial giving online:
- Click the “Give Now” button on any page of the Home Church website. For more information, go to HomeMoravian.org/online-giving. You can make one-time or recurring gifts.
- Use the Moravian Ministries Foundation giving portal at https://mmfa.info/giving-portal/
- Text HOME to 73256 on your phone.
Anthem - Sing to the Lord ............................................................. Christopher Tye (1953)
Unison Prayer: Most holy and almighty God, our Savior: We lift up prayers of gratitude for the treasures you have poured into our lives. We remember with thanks the community and the relationships that have formed us. We acknowledge with grief our losses and separations, and we ask your help in surrendering what has been most dear. Strengthen every day our ties to your church, that we may value more fully every moment of our lives within it, and commit to sharing our joy outside its doors, that others may be inspired and invited into a life of faith. We pray in your name. Amen.
Liturgy of Stewardship, pages 157-158
Hymn 389 - All Who Have Gone Before Us
T. Wir Pflügen
Postlude - My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less
setting by Emily Maxson Porter (2007)
We thank Scott Carpenter for serving as our guest organist this morning.
The flowers are placed inthe Sanctuary today in loving memory of Lloyd W. Disher, Flora and Cicero Disher and Jack Rose by Hazel Disher, Wayne Disher, and Suzanne Disher Miller.
The flowers on Sunday, Oct. 4, were placed in the Sanctuary in loving memory of Bill and Lena Petree by Bill and Katherine Petree and Mary Jo Murphy.
Learning opportunities are available following worship this morning
After morning worship, there is a continuation of children’s programming:
- 11:15 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.: HMC Carolers’ Children’s Choir, 3rd-5th grade
- 11:45 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.: Upper Elementary Beatitudes, The Skit, 3rd-5th grades Sunday School breakout session with Kernersville Moravian Tweens
For more information, email Margaret Norris.
Youth Fellowship enjoyed a gathering on Saturday. Their regular programming will resume next week.
- Bible Discussion: Beginning Galatians
- Scripture Encore: Trusting in God Alone, exploring HMC’s worship service scriptures
- Faith Journeys: The Enneagram, Exploring Type 7, The Epicure, with Julie Smith (recordings of past sessions may be found by clicking link on the left hand column of the HMC home page that states, “See the fall schedule, plus new Sunday School classes” or by accessing the HMC YouTube channel also in the left hand column of the HMC home page)
Join by phone: 929-205-6099 (Meeting ID: 7460335693; Password: 34568983).
You can now support the ministries and outreach of Home Moravian, including online services, with the convenience of online giving.
When you click the Give Now button below, you will go to the AccessACS launch screen, from which you can make a one-time donation or create an account for recurring donations.